Thursday, December 29, 2016

Zoria + Nadia

This year I worked on two collaborations, you have seen the posts about Elephant Cosmetics a collaboration with Mr. Twist. 

Zoria + Nadia is a project I'm working on with my friend Zorianna Altomar. We are presenting a line of prints and scarves inspired by Ukranian embroideries created by Zorianna’s maternal grandmother, my own grandmother was also a woman who worked with the needle, she was a seamstress and this inspired me even more to create these designs. When I was little, I had to do some embroideries myself, I disliked it so much, my grandma helped me fishing them so I could pass the class.  


When I first saw the original embroideries, I had the desired to take the beautifully designed elements and free them up. I created digital images of the elements and started to play.  My own work influenced me to created some of the pieces like Stardust was inspired by Viento Estrellado.
In a way, technology has been an inspiration on my work for some time now, so adding something technological to this body of work was just natural, that is when I started to incorporate the QR codes to some of the designs. 






These are some of the designs

They are on view at Zorya Fine Art, 38 E Putnam Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830


No comments:

Post a Comment